Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Met with Bebe again today!  Loads of info on fostering their kids...turns out there is a lot of support out there, which we will need (WE'RE ROOKIES!)  Bebe answered a lot of our questions, and it appears that we are going to pursue becoming a pre-adoptive home rather than strictly a foster home.  We feel more comfortable with this option, but we'll see what our actual caseworker thinks.
I'm SUPER excited now, still nervous, but the thought occurred to me today that the holidays are coming up & how great it would be to have an actual placement by then.  It still seems like a dream come true.  Our devotion at work today (from 'Jesus Calling') & Dr. Stanley's program today appeared to have been written directly from Christ to me!  It was a much needed support, as I can feel isolated at times.  Infertility & now the foster care system are very isolating, and I can't wait to start the foster care support group with our agency.  Finally, veteran foster moms who have advice, AHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment