Here we are, with our latest kiddo, whom I will refer to this time as "Zack". I call him this because he likes zombie stuff and requests a midnight "znack" every evening! He turned 13 the day after he came to us. We are his third placement in 6 weeks :-/ He's very guarded, but opens up at times, he's a fun kid, has self-esteem issues, hasn't experienced a lot of positive things in his life, but loves anything with a ball & being active! I should say we went back to fostering with much reluctance after a terrible ending and ordeal with "Sabrina". I didn't think I would be able to do this again but realized at this point I don't know that I could not do it. I'm hooked, it must be meant for us to foster!
The Lord is healing my past wounds, teaching me to live for "today" and trust Him completely, even when it's dark. He loves His children & knows nothing will satisfy our souls except for His presence & leading in our lives. I am focusing on what He brought us on this journey for, it's not about us, it's about sharing the love of Jesus in a very practical way daily, and giving Him glory for everything we get to share in.
When we focus on all the problems to be solved in a day, all the issues we are facing & the uphill climb these kids & their families are confronted with we are meditating on worry, struggle, and believing Satan's lies that nothing will ever be any different. But guess what? Thanks to the Lord, He's risen, He's living, He's by our side to do this thing called life and He's an endless supply of hope, love, forgiveness, and purpose. His ways are not our ways, He's working all things together for His glory & the good of those who love Him & are called according to His purpose! Meditate on how Awesome our God is & to think He lives within the hearts of His children every day!
"I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
I know the power of Your Cross
Forgiven and free forever You'll be my God
All that You've done is so overwhelming." - Big Daddy Weave
Captivated by Your beauty
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
I know the power of Your Cross
Forgiven and free forever You'll be my God
All that You've done is so overwhelming." - Big Daddy Weave
No comments:
Post a Comment