Tuesday, October 30, 2012

CHARLIE COMES TONIGHT!

TUESDAY OCT 30

I can't imagine what little "Charlie" is thinking right now.  He's been in a group home for 30 days and is moving in with us tonight.  The part that gets me with all the timing of everything is the holidays are right around the corner.  I'm praying for Charlie to get settled in here for the time being, and that he will be able to see his mom for visits come Christmas time.  However, it'll all be up to how everyone is doing and whether that will be a good thing or not.  I'd bet he will at least get day visits by then, though.  He is arriving the day before Halloween, so Wednesday night I think we're going to walk around at a local church's activities to give him something fun to do...if he wants to be out.  We may hit a corn maze this weekend so he doesn't feel like Halloween totally slipped him by!

At work, when they found out I was getting a 13-yr old boy this week their eyes got as big as saucers, lol!  One older lady I work with chuckled out loud before she caught herself, and everyone said, "Now, Linda, let's not scare the poor girl!".  I have no idea what lies ahead, but today will be overwhelming to say the least.  I just hope he eats good, that he can make it up & dressed for school in time, and that I'm still alive at the end of this week!  That is what I call success!  All the emotional stuff will likely come later. 

The Lord has great plans for Charlie, I can't wait to see how he grows over the next few months.  Growing pains aren't easy, however, please be in prayer for all three of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment