Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I question at times if we're strong enough or prepared enough to really be taking in a foster kid with so many challenges.  I don't think it's a question of my strength, but of the Lord's call to do so.  Ultimately, it's an act of obedience, therefore we're going to go forward.  The biography we read this week of the sibling group they presented to us was heartbreaking.  We are very unsure as to whether the Lord has placed them in our path to take in or not at this time, we're praying about it.  I'm not an outgoing, forward person, so this is a big step, taking in a kid who has weathered so much trauma.  However, reading the background of foster kids puts things in perspective like no other.  You bet your biscuits, we're going to move heaven & earth to give these kids a better life!  I'm sure I'll fail, but they will know what love is.  Kids have a way of making you want to be a better you...I'll do my best for them as a mom, that's all I can promise.

*Heard this song this week for the first time on Pandora.  It speaks of us coming together as God's people, to be our brother's keeper, so that the world "will see our good deeds and give glory to our Father in heaven."-  (Matthew 5:16)


MATT MAHER:  "Hold Us Together"


(Links for info:)

FOSTER CARE YOUTUBE LINKS, ADOPTUSKIDS.ORG:                                                    

Children in Foster Care speak out:


Foster & Adoptive Mothers speak out:


The hope of being adopted:

No comments:

Post a Comment