Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I am EXCITED to report that tomorrow the hubs and I meet with the adoption specialist ("Jo-Jo") to go over some kids' profiles!  I've waited for this day for so long, it's hard to express just how anxious & nervous we both are right now!  Our lives are about to change so much, but we're rookie parents so we're naive enough to be happy about it, lol!  "Jo-Jo" is going to go over a couple of sibling groups, one in particular that we've been briefly introduced to by word of mouth before.  The prospect of parenting a "tween" is enough to strike fear in my heart, but the stakes are high for this precious girl so I want so badly to be a positive role model for her.  The boy is under ten, but apparently FULL OF ENERGY as our homestudy writer put it.  All I can promise is a safe, happy home where they will be loved & shown the way to Christ.  Wow, I'll have to get my house in order to keep up with these kids (in more ways than one) that's for sure!  Spending a lot of time on my knees before the King these days, glad he's always up early & stays up late ;-)

Psalm 33:18-19  "But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine."

No comments:

Post a Comment